Although, many people, from both sides of the political spectrum, as well as the so – called, middle, appear to see, nearly everything related to news and/ or, current events, in an extremely biased, slanted, prejudiced, opinionated way, the reality is, there will never discover any meaningful, meeting – of – the – way, for the greater – good, unless/ until, most begin proceeding with a more – open mind, and a willingness to see obstacles as challenges, to overcome, instead of perceiving debilitating problems! Although, this has probably been the case, for generations, it became abundantly clearer, in the period, leading – up – to, during, and since, the Presidential administration of Donald J. Trump! Instead of focusing on rhetoric, vitriol, blaming – and – complaining, and believing (without evidence) in a politician’s empty promises, and, even, statements, we need more people to become educated, informed voters, and objectively consider/ examine, a specific politician’s real/ true PRIORITIES, and choose our elected officials, as conduits for obtaining the greater good, using common sense, and reality, seeking a viable, relevant, sustainable, timely, meeting – of – the – minds, and demand, the common good, becomes the true priority, and focus, instead of any personal/ political agenda, and/ or, self – interest! With, that in mind, this article will attempt to, briefly, consider, examine, review, and discuss, using the mnemonic approach, what this means and represents, and why it matters.
1. Perceptions; path; prejudice: Begin by considering, whether your perceptions of a particular candidate, line – up, with the best interests of better service, to all our citizens, and the nation’s relevant and sustainable needs and priorities! To do so, pay far – less attention to your personal preferences, and what you wish, is true, and prioritize the nation’s overall best – interests! There are usually options, to consider, and vote for someone, who will be more likely to choose the best path, rather than merely, the one of least resistance! Never permit prejudice, to guide your focus!
2. Relevant; reliable: Proceeding, in the same – old, same – old, ways, rather than looking for relevant, sustainable, viable solutions, and options, rarely, is the longer – term best interests of this nation, or the rest of the world! We need to take our time, and choose, reliable, prepared leadership!
3. Ideals; ideology: If, public officials, are permitted to abandon our nation’s core ideology, especially, those related to our Constitutional guarantees, freedoms, and rights, we will lose our way! Examine every potential leader’s ideals, and insist – upon, better representation and service!
4. Options; opportunities; opt; open – mind: Are the options, and paths, chosen, emphasizing our national so – called, standards, or, are we identifying, and taking advantage of opportunities, and choosing, wisely? How we opt, to move – forward, and, whether, we insist upon, an open – minded, approach, will have ramifications, both, currently, and into the future!
5. Reasoning/ reasons; rationale; rational; receptive: How does someone’s personal reasoning, and supposed – reasons, relate to their personal rationale, and is it rational, and wise, for the public, to follow a particular person? Unless/ until, we consistently, elect, individuals, who maintain absolute integrity, and are receptive, to strategically, proceeding, forward, for the common good, this nation will lose its identity!
6. Integrity; ideas; instincts: It’s way – past – time, to demand greater, true integrity, in those, we elect, and choose, with the level of quality ideas, and instincts, to proceed, proactively, and avoid, the same -old, same – old, procrastination, in order to bring – about, a better tomorrow!
7. Timely; time – tested; tendencies; truth/ trust: As a rule, only vote for people, you, truly, trust, and base that, on whether, they, consistently, tell the truth, especially, when it may be inconvenient! Great service demands a combination of well – considered, timely action, and a thorough, understanding, knowledge – of, and respect for, the lessons, we should learn, from time – tested experience, wisdom, knowledge, and expertise!
8. Imagination; innovate: In general, many politicians lack the degree of relevant imagination, to ensure, a willingness, and ability, to innovate, when necessary!
9. Empathy; emphasis; efforts: Since, no one has all the knowledge, and/ or, answers, we need leaders, willing and able, to effectively, listen, and learn, from every conversation and experience, to proceed, with the utmost degree of genuine empathy, and, thus, place his emphasis, and efforts, where it might serve the greater good!
10. Service; sustainable; solutions; system; strengths/ stronger: Identify and consider, one’s personal strengths, and whether, those will make all of us stronger, etc! We need public leaders, seeking sustainable solutions, and action plans, and strategies, to develop, and implement, the finest system, to achieve this objective!
Doesn’t it make sense, for each voter, to become better – informed, and have a clearer understanding of a politician’s real PRIORITIES, instead of their rhetoric, and promises? We need a meeting – of – the – minds, for the greater good, before it’s too late!